Things I’m Thinking About At The End Of July.
- The state of Georgia made a big play for Rivian, an electric vehicle manufacturer that has started off with a pickup truck to take on Ford and GM. From what I have read from Rivian buyers, Georgia’s tax benefits to Rivian may have been a big waste of money.
- While Atlanta United continues to try to find their way back to prominence, Orlando City finds itself, after very tough tournament opponents, in the U.S. Open Cup final. The September 7 match at Orlando’s Exploria Stadium is almost sold out.
- Will Smith. Your apology ON YOUR INSTAGRAM FEED was predictable and weak, and almost five months after your uncalled-for incident at the Academy Awards. You might want to find a crisis communication executive to set you straight with the proper way to discard your pompous attitude. I actually have someone in mind for you.
- There is no political or religious viewpoint with this question: Is it strange that a Saudi-funded golf tournament is taking place fifty miles from New York City?
- I am still awaiting my plea for someone to enlighten me with the relationship between layoffs in the tech sector, the downshift in the crazy real estate market, and the major indexes moving sharply higher over the last three days? Anyone? Bueller?
- Many people, including some close friends, are rolling their eyes when Monkeypox is mentioned. Their reaction to Monkeypox is no doubt aligned with their Covid-19 apathy, but Monkeypox is not Covid-19, in some good and bad ways. I know I have stated this previously, but if the W.H.O. and C.D.C. are having trouble identifying and dealing with Covid-19 and its variants, god forbid other viruses, which may include Ebola and Marburg, ever hit the shores of North America. Before you roll your eyes again, two Marburg virus cases have prompted Ghana to prepare for a potential outbreak of the disease.
- Is anyone else ready for football? We are one month away from the college season as their first games are August 27. The following weekend, the big game is Oregon at Georgia in the Chik-Fil-A kickoff classic. The other football (the predominant one) kicked off yesterday with the FA Community Shield, with next Friday being the start to the Premier League.
- Regarding football, this is a first-watch video from some young guys who have obviously never experienced an international football (soccer) match in-person. This video speaks volumes…you decide on what atmosphere is more impactful.