If This Was Not Serious It Could Be A Soap Opera.….and this coronavirus is very serious indeed. This week’s “Take” are random thoughts about the new reality of what we may be dealing with for many weeks (or months).
- A massive shout out and recognition to any and all of the healthcare and support people working long hours under incredibly trying circumstances. Bravo to you and yours.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – the scientists, medical professionals and staff who must feel immense pressure to quickly develop a vaccine. A vaccine that can be moved into the healthcare supply chain at a rapid pace, be dispersed globally, and put a stop to Covid-19.
- Once a vaccine is available and the threat of the virus is mitigated, businesses will start the process of rehiring, people will get back to work, and the modes of transportation will once again move forward. Consumer confidence will once again be at a high level and the markets will go vertical. We need a vaccine.
- Size does not matter. Not meant to be political but a proven fact by Dr. Anthony Fauci. Dr. Fauci, who can’t be taller than 5’3″, is an immunologist who serves as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and leads the White House Coronavirus Task Force. This 79-year-old New York City native has the television presence of Goliath and commands the daily coronavirus press briefings. His command and control, along with his voice of reason, gives us hope that our country is in good hands. With all due respect to President Trump, who stands a foot taller than Dr. Fauci, please start off the daily briefings with a thirty second intro and toss the briefing over to Dr. Fauci and his staff.
- Does anyone want to challenge me to a debate on why the governors of Texas and Florida let their beaches remain open? Thousands of youngsters flocking to South Padre Island and various Florida beaches partying hard as if the coronavirus situation did not exist. A money grab for Texas and Florida? I guess a further thought are the parents of these kids….but I won’t go there right now.
- I am a bit tired of hearing professional athletes complain about not continuing their seasons. Of all people, you are the group that should be chipping in to help everyone understand the seriousness of the situation. Note: many professional athletes and team owners have contributed money to support the employees of their teams or various charities. A shout out of appreciation to Arthur Blank who contributed $5.4M to help fight the fight.
- Speaking of sports, a few weeks ago I expressed my disdain for everyone freaking out about Tom Brady, and the team he would select to continue his career. Being an Atlanta Falcons fan, and still wounded from that game on February 5, 2017, my only comment about him was this: Many people are infatuated with where Tom Brady moves to if he actually does leave the New England Patriots. I am one of those who could care less. I just hope that he ends up playing for a team that is not in the NFC South. Well, I will be damned. #tampabaybuccaneers
- To those of us who have very little experience with working day in and day out from home: WebEx, Zoom, GoToMeeting, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, learning to be creative with cooking, YouTube workout videos, Viber, Podcasts, Hangouts, FaceTime, board games, grilling out, a book, and patience while learning once again how to be around your loved ones every day :).
Adios, pay it forward, be safe, and enjoy your weekend!!