She Is Amazing. Don’t Wait For Another Tragedy. Terror Dealt With Directly. Money for Nothing. Making Changes. It’s Getting To Be A Lot Like Spring.
- Inspiration comes in many flavors. I gave a glimpse of inspiration many posts ago showing off a youngster with one arm who plays tournament-winning golf. I like to remind myself to ‘cork the whine’ once in awhile, especially after viewing this video of a young golfer who deals with Down syndrome. The setting is at the Phoenix Open, with professional golfer Gary Woodland, in front of a large group of spectators. Take the two minutes and find some inspiration:
- Many countries, in light of the tragedies involving crashes of two Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft, immediately put a ground hold on these jets. Two of these relatively new aircraft have crashed shortly after takeoff within the last six months. Pilots who have had issues with handling the new jet have filed complaints with the #FAA, complaints that included poorly written fight manuals as well as issues with the nose dropping down when the autopilot is engaged. The FAA, for some ridiculous reason, had not immediately put a ground hold on these aircraft to allow time for engineers to work through both indicators and software that might have been sending false information to the cockpit. Finally, last Wednesday, the President gave the order to ground these jets. This scenario and the delay to take action feels really wrong, especially with documented complaints from pilots of the Max 8. Was the U.S. government delay in grounding these jets related to Boeing being a U.S.-based airline? Please tell me no.
- I have no comment or words with what happened in New Zealand on Friday. My thoughts and prayers are with all who were involved with this tragedy – but sometimes it is best not to give time to violence and hate. I am happy that the main suspect was captured. Maybe he will be turned over to #NZSAS – New Zealand’s bad ass special forces based in Auckland. I hear they have their own unique way of dealing with terrorists.
- You are wealthy and I am assuming for self-glorification you pay massive money to a scumbag who bribes college administrators and coaches. The money paid motivates the administrators or coaches to circumvent the admissions process to get your kid admitted into your college of choice. I am not going to pretend that this pretentiousness has not been systemic for many years, but in light of last week’s developments that included two Hollywood ‘stars’, something is really wrong with our world when people go to this degree to ensure they can tell their other self-absorbed friends that their kid has been accepted to USC, Yale, Georgetown, Stanford, or UCLA. Outrageous and disgusting behavior.
- In last week’s post, I was not shy in giving my opinion about Atlanta United and their unfortunate start to the season. I was focused on the ethos of the team and their new manager, and I could have come across as being critical of Frank de Boer. My opinion really was meant to focus on “knowing your audience” with de Boer being Dutch and a large portion of Atlanta United’s player pool being South American. With that said, after Wednesday’s win against Monterrey, it looks like Atlanta United and de Boer have turned the corner with their system and style of play. Adapting to a new manager always takes time with any team, but when you combine the change in leadership with Miguel Almiron’s absence and the compression of the schedule, it is probably wise to be a bit more patient. Now that Atlanta United is out of the Champions League, and only two games into the regular season, de Boer will now have time to sort out the right system for his players.
- Spring is coming fast (yes, Orlando is borderline summer)…amazing that we are in the middle of March already. I enjoy this time of year with March Madness gearing up, the Premier League top four race in motion, Major League Baseball getting ready for opening day, and Major League Soccer finishing up its third week. Easter Sunday is coming soon as well so enjoy the Spring before we get hit with the dog days of the hot summer.
Adios and Have a Funday Sunday!