Not Necessarily Answers.
- What does Professor Yuval Noah Harari know that we do not? You only need to watch the first three minutes of this 60 Minutes segment. Harari has strong words and feelings that the artificial intelligence craze, fueled by public and private entities’ race to garnering data, will eventually lead to a greater inequality of the human species. He feels that the ability to edit genetic codes and brain interfaces will ultimately lead to non-organic entities…creating biological inequality fueled by money, which will end up being the determining factor to engineering and creating a new being. A new being that relies on intelligence without conscience. Uncomfortable to think about to say the least.
As an example, listen to the late General Norman Schwarzkopf explain Rule 14. If a newly-created species is relying on intelligence only, and not their conscience, Schwarzkopf’s Rule 14 goes down the drain:
- Do you know what Veterans Day commemorates? The Federal Holiday is celebrated this Thursday, February 11. The holiday honors all who have served in the United States Armed Forces – and is a reminder of the sacrifice made by women and men to protect the United States. Of all days, stand up, give up your seat, shake a veteran’s hand, and above all else thank them for their service. This holiday is not about politics, it is about honor and sacrifice. The very least we can all do is thank our veterans for their service.
- If Neil can’t explain the dilemma of daylight savings time….no one can. For years I have not been shy with my disdain with daylight savings time ending. Sure, I understand that young children going to school in the morning darkness is troublesome, but who really enjoys darkness before 6PM? I do not and as Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson tells us, he is not a fan of the time changing at all. I know all of you set your clocks back an hour :).
Where have our powerful and outspoken military leaders gone? Don’t misunderstand what I am asking. I have the utmost respect for our current military leaders, but who has the ultra-personas of Pershing, Patton, MacArthur, Schwarzkopf, and Mattis? Another famous general passed on last week, a leader who overcame many barriers. General Colin Powell was the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Secretary of State and National Security Advisor. When he walked into a briefing room, similar to the Generals mentioned above, his tremendous presence and ability to clearly communicate had everyone’s attention. RIP, General Colin Powell.
General James “Mad Dog” Mattis was known for his candor and directness with his troops, the enemy and the media. His passion and disdain for the enemy was never addressed better than with one of his many eyebrow-raising quotes: “You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them.”
- Is there a more narcissistic, megalomaniac in professional sports than Aaron Rodgers? That question has nothing to do with politics. That question is why would he put himself, his family, and his teammates in a tough situation with the Green Bay Packers and the League? Many people do not like NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, but Goodell will earn his pay with mitigating the fallout of Rodgers’ misleading statement regarding his vaccination. To each their own, but misleading your coaching staff and teammates is not acceptable.
- Where have ABBA been? It has been forty years since this Swedish band broke up, but they are back with original tracks…and they sound similar to their famous hits from yesteryear. There was something always interesting about listening to their music. Here is one from their new Voyage release:
How many diet, meal, and nutrition plans can there really be? I find it amazing how flooded this space continues to be with new ventures popping up every day. There are many different types of plans, with Noom and others leading the way, but how someone determines which plan to take on is beyond me. Then, just when we really dig into Atkins, Keto, and high-protein solutions, the reality of nutrition becomes quite apparent: